Consideration of invitations for Guest Mentorship, Web Summits, Podcasts, & Affiliate Promotion:
Thank you! I absolutely love participating as a guest mentor in women’s programs and it’s a joy to be a part of empowering online summits. Podcast interviews light me up and I’m delighted to help promote programs that are aligned with our mission to champion women’s sexual freedom.
However, let’s first check-in on how your project is incorporating racial inclusion and diversity. Here’s why:
Over the years I have noticed that too often the discussions framed around women’s sexuality lack sufficient racial diversity and therefore become spaces for and about white women’s sexuality. The lack of meaningful inclusion of women of color weakens the programing and further perpetuates the existing racial privilege of white women within women’s circles and feminism.
I desire to participate in conversations and community of depth, courage, and inclusion. So I would love to know about your approach to racial diversity in-terms of the co-creation of your offering and the marketing of it. Have you already reached or are you working towards reaching a minimum of 30% representation of women of color?
Commonly raised concerns:
1) Isn’t this tokenism? No. There is an abundance of wise and experienced women of color in our sex-positive space. I am not asking for you to squeeze someone into something when they are not the right fit. What I am rather asking for is a widening of the reach so that your aligned matches include this minimum standard of racial diversity.
2) I feel into who I am meant to ask and allow my intuition to guide the process. I appreciate the power and beauty of this approach. However, I believe that if this process does not yield racial diversity than there is first a need to widen the circle of who your intuition will guide you to.
3) I agree that my offering will be more meaningful and have greater depth by increasing racial diversity. But I feel stuck because my current network is lacking racial diversity. Okay, let’s start shifting that immediately. Notice what women of color your existing mentors are following and keep your eyes intentionally open to aligned women of color in this space. Prioritize reading blog posts and listening to podcast interviews that are written by, hosted by, or feature women of color. If you are sincere in this commitment you will easily find outstanding women of color whose collaboration with your offering will make it stronger.
WALKING OUR TALK: IMPLEMENTING THESE PROTOCOLS FOR OUR COMMUNITY
• O’actually’s future offerings will include a minimum representation of 30% women of color. This includes, but is not limited to, any future interview series, mentor panels, and podcast line-ups.
• Video and photography produced by O’actually will highlight and celebrate racial diversity.
• I/Kit will prioritize collaborative opportunities with individuals and brands that are intentional about racial inclusion and have 30% representation of women of color in their marketing and co-created offerings.
Thank you for your time and thoughtful consideration of these critical issues. Please let me know where your offering lands within this framework and I hope we are able to work on a mutually aligned project together soon!
Love and Gratitude,
Kit Murray Maloney
Kit Murray Maloney is driven by her core belief that a celebration of women’s sexual pleasure, including female orgasms, will heal and better the world.
For the last two decades Kit’s been an activist, academic, and entrepreneur committed to channeling her passion for gender equity into a celebration of women’s sexual pleasure. She’s earned a Masters degree in Gender and Social Policy from the London School of Economics and has been featured in Marie Claire, Self, and Glamour magazines.
Kit launched O’actually as a multi-media platform for open and honest dialogue to release taboo of women’s self pleasure and to promote beautiful erotic work made by women for women. Kit is also the founder of The Pleasure Pledge, a free 21 day program inviting women to celebrate there daily orgasm.