Getting The TRUTH About Addyi From Two Leading Experts:
Dr. Marianne Brandon
Dr. Alan Altman
Have you heard about Addyi? Are you already super confused about this new drug that is intended to help women with low sexual desire? I was too… I wanted THE TRUTH. So I went to the experts and got them for me and you.
The truth: Addyi is a new drug in support of helping women in distress about low sexual desire.
This drug is so misunderstood. Listen in for the REAL information.
In the first half of the show I connect with the ever wise and lovely Dr. Marianne Brandon. “Dr. B” is a clinical psychologist and sex therapist.
You may also recognize her from the frequent articles she’s had published in More, Redbook, Self, Men’s Health, Woman’s Day, and Cosmopolitan magazines.
She is also the author of Unlocking the Sexy in Surrender: Using the Neuroscience of Power to Recharge Your Sex Life, Monogamy: The Untold Story and co-author of Reclaiming Desire: 4 Keys to Finding Your Lost Libido. (We jam on this awesome read in an earlier episode, so check that out for more on upping your sex game whilst in a long-term relationship.)
Dr. B and I discuss:
- Why Addyi is a real advance in women’s sexual health
- Why Addyi is an important addition to supporting women with low desire
- What this means for the training that physicians get around women’s sexual health
- Next steps for women experiencing low desire
Then I share a second take on Addyi by connecting withDr. Alan Altman. Dr. Altman is a past President of the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (ISSWSH), the foremost academic and clinical research society dedicated solely to women’s sexual function and dysfunction.
Dr Altman is considered among the top fifteen experts in menopausal medicine in the United States. He has been at the forefront of educating gynecologists and menopause practitioners for more than 15 years.
Dr. Altman was directly involved in the testing of the Addyi drug and the process it took to get it approved.
In our discussion, he shares
- Why Addyi is so different from Viagra
- The truth about the studies that went into getting Addyi approved
- The paternal bureaucracy behind why it took so long for Addyi to be approved
- The side effects of Addyi and what they really mean
- Who Addyi actually helps and what the benefits are
- Resources for additional support in learning more and getting the help you deserve
- The truth behind how Addyi works in your body and where Dr. Altman busts the myth of Addyi affecting a woman’s hormones levels and endocrine system.
So I’ve got you the big guns here. These two were at the forefront of developing and bringing Addyi to the market. Before you go down a confusing web spiral, listen in here.
After listening, share what came up with you below or on Facebook. What was your biggest a-ha?
After tuning in, I’d love your support!
Take a quick moment and WRITE A REVIEW on iTunes. Here’s a simple “how-to” for uploading reviews on iTunes.
Do you have a friend who might also enjoy the episodes? Shoot them a text and have them listen in. Think of the juicy discussion you two can have next time you share some wine!
Want to hear me interview someone in particular? Send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Facebook. I’ll do my darnedest to line it up!